Thursday, January 14, 2010

New Dining Room Project!

Remember in the first post when I said a "sometimes crazy place"?, I wasn't really expecting what would happen the next day!......
My grandpa (who we call papa) came to our house to redo a ceiling in our dining room and as he was taking out the old ceiling tiles we discovered very old Wayne's Coating on at least one of the walls. Of course this perked everyone's curiosity and we just had to see what was behind the paneling. Mom ended up loving the wall so we finished taking the paneling off and scraped the old wallpaper that covered the Wayne's Coating and now we have a beautiful wall!
I have lots of pictures of the whole process but somehow we have misplaced the cables to convert the pictures from the camera to the computer so as soon as I find them I will get the pictures posted.
Our house was originally built right after the Civil War by one of the soldiers. About 25 years ago an addition was put on the house. The old part of the house is beautiful limestone. When they put the addition on they left the limestone showing in what is now the living room but all the other rooms have paneling on the walls. We have painted over the old paneling and every room is a completely different color. (For those of you who know my mom you know what I'm talking about!)
My mom loves to decorate so we are always repainting, or rearranging furniture, or something! (We don't normally tear walls off though!) Anyway, this is only one of many projects that will probably be done in this house! So stay tuned for the pictures and any updates about our current craziness!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Hannah, Can't wait to see the pictures of your dining room! Make sure that you get them on here ASAP! Lots of Love:Cassie

    ReplyDelete

Hey! Thanks for leaving a comment! I love comments so leave as many as you want! Just make sure they are pleasing to the Lord!
~Hannah