Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Real Joy

Today....
            .........today......
                                ......today.
This morning I woke up very tired and not ready for the day at all! :) I work for a small car dealership and my job is to run cars,to mechanics,wash the cars,pull weeds and water flowers and deal with annoying,rude people at different places.Of course,there are always the people that brighten my day and make me thankful for even being able to work.All this to say.....
I went to work at 8:30 and found out that I needed to come back home to get my mom so she could go get a car from another dealership that is 45 minutes away.The people that deliver the inventory are not very smart and they delivered this last load of cars to the wrong place.Long story. I took an 04 Durango down that eats gas like no other! When we got there,I went inside, asking what I was supposed to be taking back, and the guy at the desk had no clue what I was talking about.So after 10 minutes of calling around mom finally got in an 03 Trailblazer that was almost completely empty and had a couple bad tires. We went 5 miles down the road in the opposite direction to get her fueled up,and by that time,I realized I needed some too! On the way back to work,we had to take the long way around so I could drop off the Durango and pick up a different car that was at a mechanics.This didn't take long,thankfully.This certain mechanic is 45 minutes from work.When we had about 15 minutes left of the trek,the back tire on the Trailblazer blew out! I couldn't believe it.First of all,the trip took longer than it was supposed to and I was just ready to be home! Ok,so what do I do with hardly any cell phone service,a six month pregnant mother,a blown out tire and 100 degree weather?! Call the office.The people that I work for had a cow and got all worried about my mom! Thankfully,we were just one mile from.....a.....tire shop!! Can you believe it? If there were ever a time to believe in luck,it would have been then.(I know,of course,it wasn't luck,but God!) Soooo I take the car I was driving to the tire place,explain the situation and they followed me back to where mom was! After a frustrating 30 minutes,we were finally back on the road! We made it back to the car lot safely and in one piece.
Now,at first,I had a really bad attitude about having to go to work this morning,then all that happened and I was really not a happy person! This may seem like a small,insignificant situation,but it was a big deal to me.I'm happy to report,though,that I realized that even when things aren't going the way that I planned,I have a God who knows what is wrong.One thought kept coming to me-a quote by Spurgeon-"As long as a man is alive and out of Hell,he has nothing to complain about".Isn't that good? Because I am saved and have the assurance of Heaven someday,I have REAL JOY......not just temporary happiness that comes and goes with bad days and good days.
I pray that everyone reading this has the same assurance and the same joy as me! I can't imagine living without those things!!
~Hannah

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey! Thanks for leaving a comment! I love comments so leave as many as you want! Just make sure they are pleasing to the Lord!
~Hannah